Search This Blog

Friday 9 April 2010

Cady's Princess Castle Cake













One of my all time favourite cakes - a castle cake for a girly girl who loves pink! This cake was an absolute joy to make despite the long hours but then again if you want to have all those details it's not a cake that you would rush to finish. I started with making the towers and turretts( I couldn't even tell you how many little fondant circles I cut for the turrets tops),then baked the cakes, allowed to cool,torted,covered with pink icing and then attached the towers.Then came the best part - finishing touches. I hand made(countless) little blossom flowers and leaves for the trailing Ivy.Then I added the flags to the tops hand painted in Gold lustre and Lastly- finished with edible glitter for that added sparkle(which doesnt show up in the photos).Here are some of the photos I took and I hope you enjoy looking at them.TFL and your feedback will be highly appreciated.

No comments: